Thursday, May 03, 2007

What do you have in your cupboard for those times when you are needing to make something for dinner and haven't been to the grocery store in a while?

Gene has been sick all week and we haven't been to the grocery store. Last time I went was before our vacation to Cincinnati over Spring Break. On my way out the door to shop for "travel food", Gene who was making fun of my mission to cut down on our food budget for this vacation by threatening PB&J for every meal says, "Hey, you might want to get some SPAM!" I got peanuts and candy for the ball game, other various snacks and yes, bread and PB&J (the generic goober stuff with the peanut butter and jelly together). Of course, I got a can of SPAM. We went on our trip, enjoyed our snacks and saved money by not eating out...and came home with a can of SPAM.

So tonight, too sick and tired to do anything else...we had SPAM! (Really sad is that it wasn't even the "real" thing.)



Sam loved it!

5 comments:

Jenn M. said...

Go Sam! I will admit this, I like Spam too!

kate debaene said...

can i suggest www.spam.com ? yes, you must go there. set your hearts on the higher things.

DangerousWomen said...

thanks for the tip kate! -jenn m. have you been to SPAM.com?

Jenn M. said...

Nope, I haven't been to spam.com.

I was rummaging through my cupboard and this is what I have... coconut milk, tapioca pearl, pineapple chunks in syrup, and tomato sauce. Any suggestions on what dish I can make??

DangerousWomen said...

sounds like a great bubble pina colada in the making...don't know about the tomato sauce...